Lake County Government Operations Update
During the Covid-19 pandemic, the Lake County Planning, Building & Development Department has had to temporarily change the way we conduct our operations. As you may already know, The Central Permit Facility is no longer open to the public, with the exception of a small vestibule for the express purpose of receiving submittals that must be delivered in person. We have also reduced staff in the building to a small team who perform essential department functions. These steps allow us to provide limited services in a manner that protects both the public and our staff from exposure to the Covid-19 virus.
Moving forward, we are issuing permits for all types of work as quickly as possible given our current limitations. Inspections for these projects will be performed as follows:
- Inspections for work on new unoccupied buildings for which permits were issued after the effective date of Governor Pritzker’s Executive Order will only be completed up to a point that the building is enclosed. For example, inspections on a new single-family dwelling will only be done to a point that will allow construction to get to the rough in stage. Once a building is made weather tight, we will not do any further inspections. This will allow work on structures to move forward during the term of the executive order.
- Inspections for emergency repairs and work specifically life/safety related will be conducted subject to social distancing protocols and other precautions.
- Inspections for general work in occupied dwellings or small commercial buildings will be deferred until the executive order expires and/or it is safe to conduct the inspections.
- Interior inspections for commercial projects will not be deferred if the space consists of a large open area of 5,000 square feet or more.
- At the inspectors discretion, any inspection may be deferred if he or she feels that conducting the inspection would cause them to violate social distancing protocols or otherwise potentially expose themselves to any type of communicable disease.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our office any time for clarification. We are anxious to see this pandemic pass and all activity return to normal.
We appreciate your patience and understanding during this difficult time.
For questions regarding any of the Lake County Libertyville facilities and how you can continue to access services, please contact the following departments:
In response to COVID-19, the Central Permit Facility located at 500 W. Winchester Road, Libertyville, will limit in-person interactions between staff and the public until further notice. If you have questions, please call 847.377.2600. Read on...
The Housing & Community Development Commission announces two Public Hearings on the draft 2020 - 2024 Consolidated Plan and the draft 2020 Action Plan. The 30-day comment period will begin on April 13, 2020 and end on May 13, 2020. Read on...
Thu Apr. 9
Wed Apr. 15
Wed Apr. 15
Thu Apr. 23