Designated Erosion Control Inspector Program (DECI)
2018 DECI Workshop Presentations (April 5)
Designated Erosion Control Inspector Program (DECI) Make Up Session
If you missed the DECI workshop, you can still receive credit by attending the make up session.
Date: Tuesday, May 8
Time: 8-11:30 a.m.
Location: 500 W. Winchester Rd.,
Libertyville, IL 60048
2nd Floor, large conference room
If you're interested in attending, please contact Kelcey Traynoff at (847) 377-7700 or via email at email@example.com. There is no charge for the additional workshop, and attendees will receive the workshop certificate at the end of the session.
Field Inspection Form
If you would like to receive a fillable Word version of the DECI Field Inspection Form, email .
The is available to take online.
DECI Continuing Education
There are several opportunities available for continuing education. The following is a partial list of options that SMC has reviewed and approved:
- Encap, Inc. offers a series of short (3-5 minute) videos, "The Erosion Control Minute," on a variety of topics that are very applicable to the DECI program. The series archive may be found online. SMC will approve 0.25 continuing education hours per video watched.
- HLR offers three 30-minute videos as an opportunity to earn professional education credits. The topics of the videos include directional drilling, stormwater permitting, and wetlands. 0.5 continuing education hours will be earned per video watched.
- RedVector is an online resource for a variety of professional education opportunities. A couple SMC approved courses are:
- RV – 10991 Designing Temporary Erosion and Sediment Control Systems
- RV – 10992 Designing Permanent Erosion and Sediment Control Systems
- RV – 10362 Stormwater Discharges from Construction Activities
- PDHOnline is an online resource for a variety of professional education opportunities. A couple SMC approved courses are:
- C142 - Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans and Best Management Practices - 4 hours
- C188 - Soil Erosion and Sediment Control - 3 hours
Take both of these approved courses as an alternate to a DECI workshop.